His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta on 14th January 2020 after his state address to the nation announced a new list of his cabinet reshuffle that came as a shock to many.
The biggest looser who lost his job was former Agriculture CS Mwangi Kiunjuri who was replaced by Hon. Peter Munya who was formerly the CS Industrialization and Trade.
The biggest winner was Wavinya Ndeti who despite loosing the gubernatorial race in Machakos I’m the last elections in 2017 got appointed as a Chief Administrative Secretary Transport.
The Cabinet reshuffle saw new appointments with new politicians getting into the government.
Here is the full list of the new Cabinet Secretaries in President Uhuru Kenyatta government:
1. Dr. Fred Matiangi – Interior and Coordination of National Government.
2. Hon. Najib Balala- Tourism and Wildlife.
3. Mr. James W. Macharia- Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development & Public Works.
4. Amb. Raychelle A.Omamo – Foreign Affairs
5. Amb. Amina C. Mohammed- Sports, Culture and Heritage.
6. Mr. Adan A. Mohammed- East African Community and Regional Development.
7. Mrs. Sicily K. Kariuki – Water, Sanitation and Irrigation.
8. Hon Eugene Wamalwa – Devolution.
9. Hon. Charles Keter – Energy
10. Mr. Joe Mucheru – Information,communication, Technology(ICT), Youth and Innovation.
11. Hon Peter Munya – Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Cooperatives.
12. Prof. Margaret Kobia- Public Service and Gender.
13. Hon John K. Munyes- Mining and Petroleum.
14. Amb. (Dr.) Monica K. Juma- Defense
15. Mr. Simon K. Chelugui- Labour and Social Services.
16. Mr. Keriako Tobiko- Environment and Forestry.
17. Ms. Farida C. Karoney- Lands and Physical planning.
18. Hon.( Amb.) Ukur K. Yatani – National Treasury and Planning.
19. Prof. George A. O. Magoha- Education
20. Hon. Mutahi Kagwe Nominee – Health
21. Ms. Betty Maina Nominee – Industrialization, Trade & Enterprise Development.